The sport of soccer has experienced a rise in popularity among players, parents and sports fan in recent years and this trajectory shows no signs of slowing down. If you are new to the sport or know little or nothing about the sport, our club has compiled some information and resources to help you get started on your soccer journey.
Soccer is not a difficult sport to learn for beginners. The nature of the game allows for players to compete and quickly learn the game. Check out these great resources that will help you and your player familiarize yourself with the sport.
- Soccer ball
- Each child should have an age appropriate ball that they bring to practice.
- Shin Guards
- Required for all practices and games and should protect the shin and ankle.
- Soccer Shoes(cleats):
- The studs or cleats must be rubber or molded plastic and they must be round.
- Shirts, Shorts, and Socks:
- Water Bottle
- It is important to have fresh water available.
- A comfortable lawn chair for games and practices
- Comfortable clothing for all weather conditions
- Umbrella in case of rain
- Many parents go in on a tent for shade during the warmer months
- An enthusiastic and positive attitude.
- A sense of humor.
Local Area High School Soccer Schedules
|South Walton High School||Santa Rosa Beach||https://swh.walton.k12.fl.us/sports|
|Freeport High School||Freeport||https://fhs.walton.k12.fl.us/soccer|
|Destin High School||Destin||https://godestinsharks.com/winter-sports/|
|Niceville High School||Niceville||https://www2.okaloosaschools.com/o/niceville/page/athletics|